Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Edamame Rice

Some days I just get tired of eating plain rice. To jazz things up a bit, I make edamame rice and suddenly I am a rice lover again! No particular recipe here. I  just threw in whatever I have in my pantry and bought some frozen edamame (without shell) to add a nice crunch to my rice.

The only thing you need to be careful of is when you add the rice vinegar to your rice. Too much of it will greatly affect the flavor of your rice.

Ingredients
2 cups brown rice
frozen edamame boiled according to instructions
roasted seaweed strips
sesame seed
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Marukan rice vinegar

1. Cook brown rice accordingly
2. While rice is cooking, cook frozen edamame according to instructions
3. When the rice is done, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. If you are not sure what your rice will taste like with the rice vinegar, add a little at a time and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment