Friday, October 8, 2010

Crunchy Baked Pita Chips

Crispy golden brown pita chips fresh from the oven
Pita chips ready to go into the oven
My rather distorted pizza shape pitas

I am always craving for a crispy crunchy snack. I used to buy Stacy's pita chips.While they are tasty and delicious, I do not like how the salt just lingers in your mouth; so, I have decided to make my own pita chips!
 I don't really have a set amount of seasoning in my recipe. Basically I just eyeball everything and mix it in together.

Ingredients:
Pita bread sliced into two sides and cut into mini triangular shapes
2 cloves of garlic minced into small pieces
Dried basil
Dried oregano
Dried parsley
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) (I used approx. 1/3 cup for 2 slices of pita bread)

Method:
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil
2. Set oven to 350 F. 
3.Put EVOO into a medium sized bowl
4. Add in the dried basil, oregano & parsley in equal amount
5. Stir in garlic
6. Mix the ingredients well
7. Use a silicon brush to dip into the mixture and spread it evenly on the pita triangles. Try not to drown the pita with too much oil and make sure it has an even amount of dried seasoning on it for consistency.
*If you are spreading the mixture on the pita triangles and find that you have not enough olive oil, go ahead and add more.
8. Bake in the oven for approx. 10 min or until golden brown. Don't over bake it if you have garlic or else the garlic will be overcooked and it will leave a bitter taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment